Thai Marinated Grilled Chicken Skewers
Makes 4-6 servings
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1- inch cubes
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/8 cup gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ cup italian parsley, chopped
- 24 wooden skewers
- Non stick coconut oil cooking spray
Soak the skewers in ice-cold water for 15 minutes and set them aside.
Place the chicken in a medium mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk all the ingredients together.
Pour the marinade over the chicken and massage the meat with your hands for 1 minute to coat the cubes well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
When ready to cook, thread 6 to 8 chicken cubes onto each skewer.
Grill: Spray a grill rack with nonstick cooking spray and set the heat to high or use a grill pan. When the grill is ready, cook the chicken for 8 to 10 minutes, turning the skewers over halfway through. Remove the skewers from the grill and allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Oven: Pre-heat oven to 450F. Arrange the assembled skewers onto a baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Leave at least 1-inch between skewers on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven on the center rack. Bake for 10 minutes, turning over every 5 minutes. Bake for 10-15 minutes longer, depending on size of chicken chunks. Serve with White Sauce!